Samsung Galaxy S3 can now be updated to the latest Android revolution ROM firmware.
This new firmware is based on the Android 4.2.2 JellyBean OS which comes with firmware version XXUFME7. This new custom ROM comes with some highly needed stability features along with some other additional features. In order to update to your device, you will have to follow a quick list of requirements and then the detailed instruction list.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download from this link Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Package. After downloading connect your device to the PC via a USB cable and transfer the zip file to the device.
- Once placed, disconnect the device and enter recovery mode.
- To enter recovery mode, switch on the device while simultaneously pressing the Home button+ Volume Up. You can also enter recovery mode via a ROM manager application
- When in recovery mode, wipe off the data by following the appropriate steps and Clear the Cache. Once that’s done, choose “install zip from SD card” and select the zip file that you transferred to your phone.
- Once the process is complete, choose “Go Back” and then “reboot system now”. The whole process will take about 10-12 minutes to finish and once the process is completed you can verify the same by going into “Settings->About Phone” where the firmware version will be displayed as we’ve mentioned.